A Level Results 2021
Immanuel College is very proud to announce an outstanding set of national and international A level examination results. The headlines include:
- 59% of all results this year were graded A*.
- 87% were A*- A.
- 96% were A* - B.
- There was a 100% pass rate at A level this year.
- The average A level grade was an A.
- 30% of the students achieved a clean sweep of A*s and 70% were awarded exclusively A* or A at A level.
- 58% of the students who took the Extended Project Qualification (EPQ, worth half an A level) achieved A* and 42% an A.
Particularly worthy of note are:
- Gideon Futerman who achieved 7 A*s at A level and 2 A*s at EPQ. He will be reading Earth Sciences at Oxford.
- Robert Auerbach and Ariella Novick both were awarded 4 A*s; Robert is going to Imperial College, London to read Materials Science and Engineering and Ariella has won a scholarship to read Business Economics at Leeds.
- Sarah Root has a place to read Law at Oxford.
- Joseph Sugarman has a place to read PPE at Oxford.
- David and Jenna Braudo have places to read Medicine; David at UCL and Jenna at Birmingham.
- Micah Levi has a place to read Medicine at Queen Mary’s, London.
Head Master, Gary Griffin, commented on how delighted he was with these excellent results. “In a cohort who have had their education so seriously disrupted by the pandemic, our students have shown remarkable resilience, fortitude and commitment. They have coped admirably with all the obstacles and pressures placed upon them and I would like to pay tribute to them and to thank their teachers who have guided and supported them so successfully throughout the past two years. Congratulations to all of them!”